Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Overflowing Heart



My heart has been stolen and I am 100% in love with this sweet baby girl of ours! Eleanor Elizabeth was born on November 8, and we've been smitten ever since. I knew I would love my kids someday when we had them, but I never knew it was like this. Unquestionably we would do anything for this little life that has been entrusted to us. It has given us a whole new perspective on life, one that I must say I love. We've slowed down and just enjoyed "the moments" as they occur - and there are a lot of them now that we have a baby :) We spend countless hours just staring at her and trying to make her smile when she's awake.

I'll never forget the morning of December 6 when she first smiled in response to my talking and funny faces....it was priceless - yes, I cried! Her whole life to this point has been a succession of perfect timing and perfect little moments that I wouldn't change for the world. It's probably a good thing we waited until a little later in life to have children or I'd have a football team by now.

Ellie is such a good baby, and she's adapting to our lifestyle very well. She's already been to 2 ISU wrestling meets with a third scheduled for this weekend. It's been such a blessing to have friends that had babies just before us. They are so good about filling us in on the "little" things that I never would have expected, and their reviews of baby products has been so appreciated!

I guess I've been kind of nostalgic this week, and I've struggled with really missing Mom.....she would be 100% in he element being a Grandma right now, but everything happens for a reason. We talk about Grandma a lot to Ellie, and Josh's Mom does a great job of making sure she's loved and spoiled as only a Grandma can do. I am SO BLESSED to have the in-laws that I have. I'm more grateful for them every day!

We had a magnificent Christmas celebrating the birth of Jesus, and hope you did too!

1 comment:

  1. Liz, your blog makes me stop and realize there is so much passing me by right now! My life blessing is 13 1/2 yrs old and I only have a little more than 4 years of her youth!
    Thanks for the reminders of life in general!
    Enjoy baby Ellie and her every little movement, miletone and breath! They grow up way to fast!!!

    ReplyDelete