Sunday, November 21, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

I can't believe Thanksgiving is this week....time really does seem to fly. I know it's cliche to write what you're thankful for this time of year, however, I feel this exericise is a must for me this year with everything we've been through, so here goes. I'm thankful for:
- my wonderfully amazing husband
- my Dad and brother
- my job, as challenging as it has been lately
- our house. We could have lost it all in the flood, but we didn't
- our dogs - yes, sounds crazy, but I love coming home to them. They make me laugh every day

Elsewhere in the Bryant household......it's been crazy busy. We've had foootball games, which I love, and Josh even surprised me with a trip to Colorado to watch our Cyclones play as a birthday present! I was so excited! We drove out Friday, and back on Sunday, so it was a short trip, but was wonderful to get away none the less. I was sick all the way out there on Friday, and made a normal 9 hour trip 12 hours, but my dear husband didn't complain. He's one patient man. Once we checked into the hotel, he went to the nearest Target adn got me all kinds of flu medicines and supplies. I felt some better Saturday morning and was able to enjoy the game. Boulder and the Colorado campus are both really pretty. I think the highlight of the day was watching Ralphie the buffalo run the field prior to the game. It was very sad to see all the Cyclone fans show up when the team decided not to play, but you take the good with the bad.

Yesterday we concluded the 2010 football season with a home game vs. #15 Missouri. We held them to 14 points, but couldn't find a way to score ourselves. Oh well, at least the tailgate party was fun. I decided this morning that I'm too old to tailgate every weekend and that we need to move up a couple lots closer to the stadium next year so we don't have as far to walk...yes, I'm THAT old now!

I'm really looking forward to having Dad and John come down for Thanksgiving this year. We are going to Josh's parent's house in Ames for dinner. It will be a very bittersweet day. I've found myself wishing several times this year that the holidays would just be over so we can try to move on. I can't imagine Thanksgiving and Christmas without Mom, but I guess I'll experience both very soon. Please pray that I will hang onto the reason for the season and the good memories. I'm most worried about Dad. He's lonely despite his efforts to keep very busy, and I'm sure once winter sets in and he's not outside as much it will be more noticeable. I pray I will know best how to support him.

Here's wishing you and your families a wonderful Thanksgiving next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment